Yes there are absolutely! The FA Coach Mentoring programme is available and open to all qualified FA coaches. For more information please click here.
If you are interested in becoming an FA Coach Mentor please check regularly on our website for vacancies. If there are no vacancies featured for FA Coach Mentors, we advise you to contact Ciara Allan, Regional Coach Mentor Officer (South West) who can provide an update of the programme: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the Pre-requisites to become an FA Coach Mentor are:
Minimum FA Level 2 in Coaching Football
Member of the FA Licensed Coaches Club
Valid FA CRB
Additionally, if you are female and looking to become a mentor, Hampshire FA together with Southampton Regional Talent Club (RTC) deliver a female coach mentoring programme which is both designed and delivered by female coaches, for female coaches. The following are benefits of the programme:
• Its FREE to sign up!
• Variety of workshops delivered around identified grassroots issues - e.g Behaviour management/coaching & learning styles/motivational techniques. (You can comment on what you would like delivered and we will try to make it happen!)
• Support network of likeminded Female coaches/volunteers/mums/students/teachers/etc
• Live analysis of Southampton FC Girls RTC sessions
• Opportunity to link with the Elite Pathway through Southampton FC Girls RTC Coaches & Directors
• Access on an invite only basis to a Hampshire Female Coaches Online Network through Hive Learning – (Post, Like, Share, Comment on - good practice/ session Ideas/Ask Questions to one of our team/Access workshop presentations etc)
• Accredited CPD hours for FA licenced coaches who attend workshops
• Support & Information on Bursary's for courses
• 121 mentoring with our FA Female Tutor Lisa Savage (dependant on availability)
• Unique discount code to Hampshire FA CPD events (exclusive to FCM members)
• Help finding a female/male club you wish to coach in
Who Can Join?
• Must be Female
• You must be 16 years or older
• You must be based in Hampshire
• You do not need any qualifications to join, just to obtain an interest in football and wanting to develop your coaching – (Mum/Coach/Volunteer/Student/Teachers etc)
• Grassroots level – however we can offer support with Southampton FC Girls’ RTC partnership so still get in touch!
• Reward scheme- currently developing a rewards package to support you as a coach e.g. Kit/equipment
• Female only courses/level 1/2
• FA mentoring Adults course – if you are a confident female and want to support other females within the county then we want to hear from you to support our buddy coaching system.
• Support with becoming a FA Licensed coach
• support for U16's
***If the above is of interest to you then please CLICK HERE to register your interest***
Any questions please contact Ellie.Hellyer@HampshireFA.com or call 01256 853015.
Female Coach Mentoring Team
Ellie Hellyer – Hampshire FA Women’s & Girls Football Development Officer Ellie.Hellyer@HampshireFA.com
Lois Fidler – Technical Director, Southampton FC Girl’s RTC, UEFA Pro Licence Coach email@example.com
Lisa Savage – FA Coach Mentor, Lead Foundation Phase Coach - Southampton FC Girl’s RTC, UEFA B Licence Coach Lisa.Savage@TheFA.com.